Printers are one of those inventions which are significant for many reasons. Printers are utilizable by almost every age- group, whether it is a school going teenager or an IT person, there are multiple people for whom printers are extremely important. If it is about a school project or if it is about a presentation in office, if you have a printer, you have more than half the work done. There are many other uses of printers which have made it such a useful inventions, however, here we are not going to discuss about the advantages of printers but what are the most common issues like HP printer offline that people face while using a printer and how can they be conveniently rectified.
HP is a brand that has been producing some of the most efficient electronic devices comprising of computers, laptops, printers, etc. There have been many brand in the market but the bets brand for printers is, indeed, HP as they have become one of the largest manufacturer and seller of printers in the last couple of years. The devices from HP are manufactured with utmost proficiency so that they are long-lasting but as every electronic device is bound to have some or the other issues in them, there are a few issues with HP printers too which make it really problematic to use. These common issues with HP printers is what ruins the smooth printing experience and for that we have come up with this blog. There is one common issue with HP printers and that it the HP printer keeps going offline. This is an issue which has been reported a number of times by people. Here, in this blog, we have provided all the possible reasons for the HP printer offline issue and how can you easily rectify those causes.
Check the Printer Configuration
The HP printer offline status is actually one of the printer’s ways with which it tells you that there is something or the other that is probably not right. One of the most common causes for this issue when there is a problem between the communication of printer and computer. First of all the things you need to ensure that the configurations are properly done. Mostly people try to run complex diagnosis methods on the printer and computer while the actual problem remains in the configuration. For this, you will need to follow a number of steps to check if the configuration is properly done:
- Switch off and then switch on your printer to restart. Wait for a few seconds so that the printer is ready to use.
- After you restart the device, check the configuration settings. If your printer is connected to your computer through a USB then you need to ensure of the USB is connected properly. Make sure that the USB port is working.
- If the printer is connected with a wired network, then you need to check of the cable is connected to the Ethernet port properly. Also, do check the router, if it is working properly or not. After this, you need to check the network signal on your printer, if it is flashing or not.
- If the printer is showing the HP printer offline message again, it might also be a result of old cable which needs to be replaced soon.
- If there is a wireless connection between the computer and printer, check the printer and make sure that the printer is connected to the computer properly. You need to examine the icon for wireless configuration which is an indicator if your printer and computer are connected.
Check If the Printer Is Installed
If the users have bought a printer and it doesn’t work then it might happen that you have not installed the printer driver on your computer. There needs to be communication between your computer and printer and for that, you need to first up install the printer driver. This might happen a lot of times that the HP printer keeps going offline. No matter how many times you try to connect it, it will again go from HP printer online to HP printer offline. As you haven’t installed the printer driver, this problem is going to occur again and again. For this, you can access the settings of your device and then click on Devices. After this, select the “Printers and Scanners” and then select Add Device. After this, you can try installing the printer on your computer.
HP printers have one really amazing thing and that is their regular printer updates. HP keeps releasing printer updates. Updating the HP printer firmware can effectively resolve the issue. If the HP printer offline windows 10 Notification pops up anytime, then you must try updating the firmware on the printer.
The above-listed are possible causes and rectification tips for HP printer offline. It might happen that the printer might diagnosed by just performing one procedure. However, even after carrying out these steps and the HP printer offline problem still persists, you need to call on the HP printer customer support phone number +1-888-431-2835 .